Saturday, October 09, 2010

Albuquerque Landing





Sitting at my computer reading the NY Times this morning, I heard a low roaring sound out back. It was a balloonist pumping some hot air into his envelope to stay above the trees and rooftops. I snapped a few pictures with my digital through the window and went back to reading the paper.

A short time later, the neigbor's dog started barking, signalling another balloon going by. This one looked like it was heading for a landing nearby, so I grabbed my camera bag and walked toward the descending balloon.

In the bag was my 95-year-old Kodak No.1 Autographic Special loaded with TMAX 400, and a point-and-shoot Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim with a roll of Fuji Superia 400.

If our good weather holds, I may head over to the Balloon Fiesta field early tomorrow to try a few more pictures.