Monday, May 16, 2011

Jupiter's Colors

At the Albuquerque Museum car show.















I was very pleased with the performance of the 35mm Jupiter 12 on my Zorki 2-C. The color was a little odd in a few of the shots, but I'm inclined to believe that the fault was with the film or the scanning rather than the lens. One issue with the lens that I discovered some time ago is that the DOF scale is off by one stop. So, if you want to shoot at the f-16 hyperfocal distance with this lens, you need to set the infinity mark at f-11 on the DOF scale.

2 comments:

robert said...

The variety of angles in these shots really works well. The second shot with the reflection of the white T -bird in the black paint stands out for me.

Mike said...

Thanks, Robert. I enjoy the challenge of trying to find something new in this well-worked subject. I'll probably give it one more shot this coming weekend, and then give it a rest for a while.