Thursday, September 18, 2014

so far so good

My second roll of home-processed color is from my Kodak Flash Bantam, shot on an over-cast day.


The color seems to match my recollection of the scenes pretty well.


A couple posts I found on the web about using the Unicolor kit implied that a final dip in photo-flo was not needed.  I tried it out and got a bunch of water spots.  Luckily, a quick re-dip in my usual dilute solution of photo-flo eliminated any spots.


The development time for Unicolor at 102F is just 3.5 minutes.  I would be more comfortable with more time which would be more forgiving of small timing errors.  So far, though, I can't see any real problem with the actual results.

4 comments:

JR Smith said...

So impressed with this home processing of color!

Mike said...

The process is not significantly different from diy black and white. I would rate the level of difficulty at about that of baking a cake. I've got a roll of Fuji in my Contaflex now which will be up next. After that, I hope to try some color 120.

Jim said...

It's encouraging to see you have such success with color processing. I especially like seeing you do this with Fujicolor 200. It's a film I know well, which gives me a basis for judgment on your results, which are good.

Julio F said...

Great results, and now you are master of your negatives. That Bantam has a good lens.