Thursday, June 08, 2017

my new pony

This is the ebay seller's picture which sold me on a new Kodak Pony 828.  On the far right you can see that the little tab on the latch is intact.  He also said everything was working fine on the camera, and even posted some pictures made with it.


I was the only bidder and paid $5 for the camera and another $5 for shipping.  I cleaned the inside of the viewfinder, but nothing else was needed.



The pictures on the first roll of Fuji 400 included our yearly visit to see the Yerba Mansa blooming near the Rio Grande south of the National Hispanic Cultural Center.  The blossoms are especially tall and plentiful this year thanks to the river's high water.  We also found and enjoyed large amounts of mulberries and wolf berries.  The dog had a blast racing through the cottonwood forest.


8 comments:

JR Smith said...

Five bucks well spent!

Mike said...

I don't need any more cameras, and I keep telling myself that there aren't any real bargains left, but then something extraordinary shows up at a ridiculous price. I don't think I've ever paid more than $40 for a camera.

JR Smith said...

I wish I could say the same. However, I will say that my photography hobby is mostly self-sustaining now. I don't buy any new gear until I sell some old gear and have some funds in the PayPal account.

Jim Grey said...

I can't pass up a working $10 vintage camera. I'd even make my first foray into 828 if I found one of these for $10!

Mike said...

Actually, I lied. I was playing with some of my Soviet cameras this evening and I realized I had paid $90 for my FED 1g. I need to make some pictures with it.

James Harr said...

Nice shots Mike. Did you make backing paper, or did you tape the window and guestimate the frame spacing?

Mike said...

I just rolled the film onto the reel with no backing paper. I can roll on a whole 35mm 24-frame strip that way. The stock backing paper only has eight frames marked. I'm pretty sure I could make up some with space for about 15 frames, but I haven't tried that yet.

astrobeck said...

Nice catch on the auction!
Even better photos from it. The color is just right for it!!!